Wednesday 22 May 2013

IndianLife - LagosLiving: HomeSweetHome


Phewwwwwwww *sigh*.............

That's all i can say and do after living in India aka (the land of bhayal) for almost a year. Trust me, it had(or using present tense)/has its ups and downs like y'all must have seen in my older posts.

First of all..... i'm happy i spoke with some of my friends today via Rynga voice call , Skype, Facebook chat e.t.c . All these i haven't done in awhile...(Helloooo, I'm in Naija) NO INTERNET WAHALA
At least that's one of the things i love about "Incredible India" - INTERNET.

My first week back in lagos, everyone did nothing but laugh at me. why? because unknowingly, i bobbed my head(like the indians) when talking. I almost started saying "Only" at the end of my sentences sef.

Anyways so far, so good, living the lagos life is priceless i swear down. Hearing conductors yell

"Ojuelegba, stadium, barracks" (and the best part) "Wole pelu change e o"- (meaning enter with your change) made me smile with all my 32 open, the woman next to me in the bus looked at me like i was crazy, for my mind i was like, "madam na you sabi o"

Going out wearing tank tops, sleeveless tops or shorts without having to grab a scarf to cover up so i won't get eye raped by the bhayal's on the road makes me thrilled.

The pleasure of entering a buka (roadside restaurant) to eat my favourite amala with gbegiri and ewedu and orisirisi meat like pomo and saki (which is now annoyingly overpriced) just makes me love lagos the more.

What haven't i mentioned? Suya, Nkwobi, Gala and yoghurt, Lacasera, Dodo....the list is countless. Chaiiii.........There is food in lagos ooooo, i don chop sotaee my belle dey sweet.

But truth be told o, food in lagos is expensive jare. ahn ahn ,  1 yam -N600 ,  5 tomatoes- N200, even water to drink see cost- i no fit cry. Its not only food o, talk of transportation, a bus from Ikorodu to mile 12 is N300....chop money for India!!!

Irrespective of all this changes and inconveniences i can still sing"Lagos, i'm loving youuuuuuu ehhhhhh" (in olamide's voice).

Although, In less than a month i have to be back in my good old Incredible India - I can wait.

There's so much i want to say, so much i want to do, so many people i have to see, but all in a very short time only.
What to do?
Abeg my Internet is running low, Challo.

Namaste.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm u write well...i was able to picture everything as u described!!! wish i could write like you!! i enjoy good writing!
    Frankytello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Frankytello. i just write it as i picture it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me copy Frankytello You re a good writer.
    Kuti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, can't wait either. Enjoy your stay and have a swell time till God knows when next. Stay blessed sweetie.love you loads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much sweetie for the update on our dear country and Lagos its self. you do well.
    we can't wait to have you back here Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I especially love when you share your experiences from both places. A lot of character and humor in it as well, great job! Now your making me hungry, lol. I can't wait to come to Nigeria to try all those delicious dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss! Read it how it is...we would love to have you, anytime.

      Delete